Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More Chanukah News

As reported a number of times here Rabbi Yerachmiel Gorelik has been having problems getting the menorah displayed on public property in Colorado. Despite the "controversy" he had a big turnout at his Chanukah celebration according to The Coloradoan newspaper article. I wish him much hatzlocho in all his work.


In other news Australian, David Wakil, a scientist posted to the Antarctica has lit his menorah in those icy parts. In a letter to his Rabbi, Levi Wolff of the Central Synagogue in Sydney, he says:

It is hard for me to describe the feeling of the first Jew celebrating Chanukah in Antarctica. Believe me, the light of Chanukah illuminates me and my enviroment. I write this as tears fill my eyes. I want to take this opportunity to say thank you to Rabbi Wolff for his caring about Judaism.
Shturem has more photos and a short video of Wakil's surrounds.
.