Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Me and My Blog

In one of the comments someone asked who I am. They seemed frustrated that I am not revealing my identity and suggest that I have something to hide.

The reason that I am reticent to reveal who I am is just because of that attitude. I believe that my opinions on this blog should stand by themselves and not depend on who is saying them. The other reason that I am not stating who I am is that I do not do not relish being abused in the streets of Caulfield or in shul. I have found that there are some folk who cannot handle opinions contrary to theirs and I have no desire to be their punching bag. I do not expect everyone to agree with my ideas and I hope this blog provides a forum for them to express their opinions in a calm and rational manner.

------------------

While I am on the topic of the blog I would like to make a couple of requests with regards to commenting on posts. I enjoy reading the comments and find that they provide a lot of food for thought. But please keep in mind:

  • Please sign your comments with a name - I don't care what it is (as long as it is not offensive). In my blogging experience I have found that this helps to be able to follow the flow of the comments
  • Please do not make abusive and hateful comments about individual people. In fact please keep any vitriol (good word Mendel) out of your comments. It does not serve any constructive purpose and I will delete abusive comments.